Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time flies when your chasing after Luke!

I had promised myself I would write more often that what I have - but life takes over sometimes and you just have to go with the flow. As it is it's almost 2am and I have class and a test tomorrow night (hence why I am up late studying) - so I'll make it a good coffee day tomorrow!

In the past month I have been absolutely blown away by the changes in Luke. He went from my baby who belly crawled everywhere to - in one week mind you - pulled himself up on his knees, pulled himself up on feet and then decided the belly crawl was not working and went for the full-out crawl. And MAN is he QUICK!

All the same - he is still my sweet baby boy. Now that he is offically 9 mos old he is moving into more "solid" food. It's fun watching him go through the discovery process - especially figuring out how to actually "eat" the food. And when he likes something he keeps repeating "yummmm" over and over as he is taking each bite. It's a non-stop YUMM fest when the Cheerios are put in front of him!!!
And his little personality is really starting to show. He finally waved "bye-bye" for the first time in correct context at the dentists on Tuesday. Yes - he stole every single heart there because they were all fawning over him at the time when he did it! And the laughter is so much larger now. He seems to just laugh with his whole body!!!! Saturday morning was my morning to sleep in (FINALLY) and I wake up to the whole house just FILLED with his laughter. I looked over the loft balcony and he is sitting on Grandpa's lap laughing with his whole entire body while watching Daddy through a ball up in the air and catch it. Complete, uncontrollable laughter! It makes me want to just grab him, kiss him all over and hold on for dear life!!!
But with the joy comes the reality of good GOD it is a lot of work to keep up with this little boy! I seriously need to start taking my health more seriously or he is going to plow right over me in no time! I also think it's time for play dates. He loves other kids - I need to make it more of a priority. Oh well - you do what you can when you can get it done!!!! Perhaps that is why I leave cleaning for the very last thing to do!!!! :)

No comments: